Calling for Young Professional Scholarships
SNC-Lavalin are the proud sponsors of the Young Professional Scholarship and are calling for up to 50 scholarships which will be awarded to young professionals working towards or already employed in the railway sector, including tertiary students or recent graduates (with less than 3 years full time employment) to attend CORE 2018.
CORE 2018 includes:
- Information on cutting edge rail technology
- Diverse program of high quality technical papers including Rolling Stock, Signalling, Communications and Electrical Engineering, Safety and Risk, Systems and Management and Wheel Rail Interface
- Professional Development attendance certificate for your CV
- Networking opportunities
Nominations are now open for those with an interest in the rail industry from:
- Project Management and Planning
- Operations and Maintenance
- Business and Commerce
- Spatial Sciences
Successful applicants will receive:
CORE 2018 conference registration including:
- Access to conference sessions
- Icebreaker with fellow award recipients, RTSA Executive and sponsors prior to Welcome Reception (Monday 30 April)
- Ticket to Welcome Reception (Monday 30 April)
- Delegate registration pack including program handbook, delegate bag, name badge and conference proceedings
Top Tier Awardees – Only 3 Awards: (judged based on the quality of the Main Application)
In addition to the above:
- Ticket to the WSP Gala Dinner
- RTSA Membership paid for you for a year
- Give a 5 minute presentation at a special plenary session during CORE 2018 (based on the content of your Main Application). You will actually be in the CORE 2018 program!
- The Main Applications of the three Top Tier Awardees will be edited and published in Track & Signal Magazine
Emerging Young Professional Award: (selected from the Top Tier Awards)
The Top Tier Awardees’ presentations will be voted for by delegates via the Conference App and judged as the Emerging Young Professional of CORE 2018, and will receive:
- Recognition and acknowledgement as the CORE 2018 Emerging Young Professional and award
- Registration fee paid for CORE 2020 – you essentially receive a double scholarship!
- At CORE 2020 (if you can attend) you will be required to make a presentation to the Young Scholarship Attendees of 2020, and present the award for the Emerging Young Professional of CORE 2020
Successful applicants will be required to fund their own travel and accommodation to attend the Conference.
To start your submission process, please download the Young Professional Scholarship application template by clicking here.
Once your application submission is complete, please upload the submission to the online portal by clicking here.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Young Professional Scholarship Chair,
CORE 2018 Organising Committee
Submission opens – 17 November 2017
Submission deadline – 15 February 2018
Submission review / acceptance – February/March 2018
Notification outcome – March 2018
CORE 2018 Conference- 30 April -02 May 2018